Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review of Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon

Life Eternal (Dead Beautiful, #2)Life Eternal is the second book in the Dead Beautiful Series.  In case you don't remember from yesterday, Dead Beautiful is the story of a young woman who is sent to an unusual boarding school after her parents mysteriously die. 

So I can't give too many details on the story of this book because doing so would give away important details of the ending of Dead Beautiful.  But I will say that Life Eternal was a lot better than Dead Beautiful.  After reading the second book of the series, I feel like the first book took too much time explaining things instead of just telling the story. 

The second book, Life Eternal, had a lot of plot!  Character -driven plot and it was awesome!  This book is a prime example of why I love YA.  It is a typical coming-of-age story with the twist of fantasy that I drool over.  The main character, Renée, is learning all about herself.  She's asking serious questions--Who am I?  Where do I fit?  Where is my future going?  These questions are all typical of any young adult--even some really old adults are still trying to figure this out!

 And then there's the love story between Renée and Dante.  And they're working together (and sometimes apart) to figure out what they want to be together.  And then there's the third side of the triangle (I'm not telling you who!) who perfectly confuses everything.  The story is compelling, interesting, heart-stopping, and gripping.  I literally started this and could not stop. 

Of course, Woon is trying to kill everyone by making us wait an entire year for the publication of her currently untitled sequel.  But, keep your eyes peeled people, because there will be news on it soon.  I hope.  When you get to the last page of this book, you will know what I'm talking about. 

Learn more about Yvonne Woon on her website!

See what other readers thought at Goodreads.com
Pick up your copy at Barnes and Noble!

No comments:

Post a Comment