Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mini-Review of The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher

Cameron Stracher's "The Water Wars" follows two children in a post-apocalyptic world ruined by Water Wars. The world invented by Stracher was everything I think the world would be like if Water Wars ruined it all--which many have said is what the future looks like. However, I feel Stracher got too caught up in the description of the world and preconceived set actions that the characters weren't the ones pushing the story forward. In the end I was left disappointed. The Water Wars
Mayby it's just me, but character driven fiction is the best and most believable. From the beginning all the way to the end I had to push myself to continue reading. I wasn't intrigued by the never-ending detail. I longed to be pulled into the action, but there wasn't enough! I guess I also hoped there would be some resolution in the end, but I finished the book wondering what the point had been.

All in all, if you're looking for a post-apocalyptic gripping novel, this isn't it. Maybe you should go back to reading the Hunger Games where the author gives enough detail to hook you in, but leaves enough room for the imagination to do the creating.

To see what other readers though of "The Water Wars" check out GoodReads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment